Sunday, March 14, 2010

USA/Netherlands Soccer Game

March 3



I had known that the US was playing the Netherlands in a soccer friendly for a while now, but I wasn't sure if I was going to get to go or what all the details were.  In mid-February however, Evan and I found out that a bunch of the Americans here (doing their exchange through CES) got tickets and transportation to the game for them and we could go with them as long as there were empty spots.  So that's what we did and it worked out great.  Most of the Americans living in the guesthouse (along with a few Australians) all went to the game.  We dressed up in our red, white and blue, and had face-paint and tried as much as possible to be the cliche "rowdy American fans".  Will (a guy from Cleveland) made an all-American soundtrack to play on the busride up to Amsterdam.

The game itself was a lot of fun too.  Even though the quality of soccer was pretty poor (the US didn't play well at all), the environment of a soccer game in Europe is always fun.  I'm hoping that I'll get to go to a club-game sometime this semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment