Sunday, July 4, 2010

Summer Trip - Day 14: Maastricht & Amsterdam

Thursday, June 24th, 2010

I slept in then took the train to Utrecht, where I was going to drop my stuff off at Karin’s place.  She’s a Dutch local who agreed to take some of my stuff in her apartment until I fly back out to the US.  I then went up to Amsterdam to meet up with John & Jim (my cousins who were doing a Eurotrip of their own).  We then met up with Tom & Sally (family friends who were just visiting Amsterdam for a bit) at their hotel.  We went to dinner, had some beers and watched the Netherlands/Cameroon game, sitting at a restaurant in a festive plaza.  We were pressed for time and ran back to train station (which is the exact same thing I had to do for Queen's Day).  We hung out for a bit when we got to Maastricht with some of my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment