Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Summer Trip - Day 19: Paris, France


Tuesday, June 29, 2010

I slept in late (Paris was also an opportunity for me to relax a bit because I had already seen the major sights of Paris.  I walked around for a few hours around the neighborhood that Molly lived and then went to Kevin’s place, on the other side of town.  Kevin was in Paris for 2 months over summer for an internship.  We hung out for a bit then then went with Kev, his roommate and another friend to the Eiffel tower to watch the Spain/Portugal game.

There were a ton of people and the energy was huge.  Ironically, there seemed to be more Portugal fans waving their flags after the game than those rooting for Spain, even though Spain won.  I wouldn’t be able to celebrate and cheer if my team were just knocked out of the World Cup.  We then walked around to the Chames Ellysses where we met up with Andy, who was coming from his friend’s place.  We tried to go home but were 3 minutes too late to take the last last metro.  We tried to take a taxi back but line was too long so we walked home… it took about an hour but we made the most of it and had a fun time.


No comments:

Post a Comment