Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Summer Trip - Day 38: Bormes-les-Mimosas, France

Sunday, July 18, 2010

End of the best week of my life: Start of one of the worst ones.

So by now you’ll have realized that our plan to leave after one or two days clearly failed (albeit it was well worth it) and today Andy and I were planning on going to Denmark today on our way out.  Unfortunately I couldn’t find my Eurail pass anywhere.  I looked through my entire bag/stuff about 3 different times.  The only thing I could possibly think of is that I forgot it at the last train station we went to (because that’s the last time I’m sure I had it…) but it still shocks me that I would have done such a thing.  I’m still not 100% sure I left it and that it could possibly be somewhere at the Mcganty’s house (although I have no idea where).  Either way, that clearly ruined our plans.  The Eurail pass has been something I’ve always been so afraid of losing and is clearly the most valuable thing I own (other than the pictures I’ve taken on this trip).  At least I lost it toward the latter part of my trip instead of the beginning.  It put a real damper on my travels though and will probably prohibit me from going to a bunch of places I wanted to.  Fuck me! I don’t usually lose things like this and I’m really pissed that this is the 2nd time this trip I’ve lost something important.  Was the first time in my 6.5 months of travel that I wish I were home and just didn’t have to “deal”.  Anyway, we agreed to stay in France one more day and go to the Marseille train station the next day to see if it could possibly have turned up in the lost and found (doubtful).


That evening we went down to the port for a birthday dinner for Greg, and as part of losing a bet, Dan (the dad) had to stick his head into his bowl of spaghetti bolognese.  

No comments:

Post a Comment